Happy Twenty-Eleven! (and Merry Christmas to everyone, Happy Anniversary to my parents, Happy Birthday to 2 of my brothers and 2 of my aunts!)
I'm sorry I've been gone so long. Final exams started the second week of December, and then for the last 2 weeks I've been internet and cell-phone free. I'm glad to be back.
I want to start off the new year with a post about being thankful. So often new years resolutions focus on things we want to change about our lives, specifically things we aren't happy about. I want to focus on the blessings my life is filled with.
Ten things I loved about 2010:
1. The completion of hubby's final year of education. B finished teacher's college in April, and before he even returned home from exams, he had a job! What an amazing blessing.
2. In my first year of culinary school which ended in April, I got straight A's. This has made me so proud because of the many weeks I was a single-parent as hubby was away at school and on placements. I was proud of myself for just completing the year, the top grades were a huge bonus.
3. I found a job after applying at only 2 places. The first one lost my application, and the second place hired me! What a blessing.
4. I worked in a bakery in the summer! I loved stretching my skills that way and learning about some of the work that goes into running that kind of business.
5. Our little monkey began toilet training! He's doing great, and we're loving the lower diaper bills.
6. Monkey turned 2, and he's talking up a storm. This week he started naming dinosaurs-not just T-rex, but also stegosaurus, brontosaurus, and triceratops! Also he's learning the proper names for construction equipment, he can count to 10, and he sings along to his bedtime songs!
7. I got to take cake decorating classes! I've always wanted to have a small business, and the details of cake decorating really appeal to me (I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. It comes from my dad).
8. Hubby and I celebrated birthdays with a couple new board games! Our collection is growing, and we love it!
9. We visited friends and family in North Bay for Christmas, and while it was busy, we had a wonderful time. If there were jobs for us up there, we would probably have stayed because of our wonderful church and friends.
10. We ended the year together as a family and got family pictures taken to prove it. My parents had all 6 of their kids home (plus their son-in-law and grandson) and we did a photo shoot. We had a wonderful Christmas all together.
For the next few days I want to focus on my reflections on this past year, and the hopes my family has for this new year.
But for tonight, I'll leave you with a verse:
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."