Sunday, March 6, 2011

Treats on Sunday

When was the last time you had Rice Krispie squares? When was the last time you MADE Rice Krispie Squares? For me it's been a loooong time...

I bought some Rice Krispies a few months ago with the intention of baking, and then I forgot about them. They were still crispy today, and it's a cold afternoon, so I started baking... and then I found Cheerios in the cupboard that I hadn't used in a few months, and I kept baking...

Once I was done, I had 3 full trays of treats. Now I need to cook supper so that I fill up on something other than treats...


I have more Cheerios left to experiment with, but it's almost suppertime, and Monkey shouldn't be eating dessert for supper or he'll be up all night!



Here's MY version of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars

5 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios
1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
1 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup crunchy peanut butter

1. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray, or rub with a bit of butter or margarine. In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts and set aside.

2. In a large pan, combine honey and both sugars. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When it reaches a boil, remove and stir in peanut butter.

3. Add cereal mixture and stir until thoroughly coated. Spread evenly in greased pan. Let squares cool before cutting and serving!


These are delicious and rich, and I cut them really small, so I can share them with a lot of people (or keep them for myself and have them last a really long time...)


Mmmm... baking and lazy Sundays go well together...

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment