Friday, September 21, 2012

September Randoms

So, Monkey pulled his sister out of her crib today. He brought her all the way across the basement and onto his bed.

Without dropping her.

And without her crying.

And most importantly, without me even knowing he'd done it.

Scary.

---

I asked Monkey what he would like for his birthday (which is coming up next month).

Monkey: Ummm... a plastic spoon.

Me: ? Are you sure?

Monkey: Yes. Not two, just one. And (sister) can have one for her birthday.

---

Umm so I guess I've got this birthday thing covered. Shopping: DONE.

Speaking of birthdays, I've got some cake decorating books, and Monkey's been going through them telling me which cakes I can make for myself, for Grandpa, for him, for his sister.... He's got quite a list of cakes that I'll be making. I guess I should start working now!

---

Monkey started school this month, and he loves it.
He goes full day, every day. He's got a teacher in the morning, and an ECE in the afternoon, and both of them are wonderful.
Today he came home with a song to sing us about counting.

"One, two, three, four, five
I caught a butterfly.
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten
I let him go again.
Guess what he said to me,
He said he wanted to be free
Which way did he go?
He flew to Mexico."

I'm really glad that he's got one with numbers because his counting goes something like:
one-two-three-four-six-seven-eight-nine-four-six-seven-eight-nine-four.....

He's still forgetting 10 every time, but hopefully he'll get that one soon...

Happy September everyone! Sorry I've been gone so long!

~A



No comments:

Post a Comment