Friday, June 1, 2012

I took the pictures off the wall

How did I get to the point where I'm only 20 days away from leaving such an amazing town?
I've still got so much I want to do here! So many things I haven't explored or exposed my kids to...

I've still got restaurants to visit (Chez Piggy and The Works specifically) or to revisit (Wooden Heads, Mia Gelato...)

I've got activities to do (glow in the dark mini putt, go carting)

I've got softball games to play, water parks to take the kids to, strawberry patches to explore, picnics, beaches, walking trails....


I'm not done yet.


But I've got less than 3 weeks to pack as much Kingston into me as I can before we pack our lives into a 14 foot truck and drive away.

I cried for the first time tonight because I finally realized that I really will be saying goodbye.

There are babies who I haven't met yet who will show up here this summer.

There are friends who I haven't hugged enough.

There are so many memories that I wanted to make.


But since I took the pictures off the wall, I know that no matter how many days I've got left here, there will always be more that I want to do. And I guess that means I'll have to visit.

~A

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to leave a place where you've created so many memories and become familiar with! I often think about how hard it will be to leave here when we move down south eventually! But I'm trying to enjoy the time I have here and make the most of every moment and every friendship. I hope you get to do a few more things in your last weeks in Kingston - it is a great city and I had so much fun living there when I did.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete