Friday, November 19, 2010

Crafty Christmas Ideas

I love making presents...I don't like going out, being given a price range and buying something that adds up to exactly the dollar amount of gift I will be getting in return...(it's boring to me. I want a challenge! )
I like to give from the heart, which means that my presents don't always have dollar amounts, or at least can't be found in any department stores. So I've found some ideas that started the "creative monkeys" in my brain on what I hope will not be a totally crazy creative rampage...

At Feels Like Home, I found a list called 10 Handmade Christmas Gifts You Can Make Now where I found this amazing wreath and cute little ornaments. Instructions for the wreath and other crafts can be found at Countdown to Christmas: Crafts, Food and DIY Gifts ( I especially love their brownie tree and advent calendar)

As for food craftiness...
I'm not a huge Oreo fan, but these Oreo Pops could be decorated in so many different ways! Change the colour of the chocolate to orange, and make pumpkin pops...or dip the pop fully in one colour, and then half in another, and you're on your way to making fun Christmas ornament looking pops... Endless possibilities! (well at least as many possibilities as there are round objects to mimic)


Wait, should I keep posting? I don't want to spoil the surprise of all the gift ideas I have floating in my head...

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment