Monday, October 17, 2011

This month will end before the baby gets here...



...at least that's how I'm feeling.


We're at 10 days post "due date" and other than 3.5 frustrating hours of false labour the other night (where contractions were coming 5 minutes apart and getting stronger) this baby has shown no sign that he/she wants to make their way out of the comfy little coccoon called my uterus.


I'm not happy.


In fact, I can't remember a time I've been this cranky with everyone around me.


Sure I've got the fake smile pasted on, and I've almost perfected the fake laugh for when the millionth person says:


1. Have you had that baby yet? (Or worse, WHY haven't you had that baby yet?)


or


2. Did you know that sex induces labour? (or any other labour-inducing tale)

NOTE: Just so you know, my sex life has NEVER been an acceptable public conversation topic, so why on EARTH should it be one now?!?


So here I sit, bored, tired, and extremely uncomfortable, just trying to find something to take my mind off the fact that I've still got a LOT of work to do before I can meet this baby. Except now, the only work that's left is getting the baby from inside to outside. And that's the least fun part.


However, I have found a few distractions.


1. Halloween Costumes.
We picked this up the other day at Old Navy for Monkey. He had seen it there before, and spent days asking for it, so when some birthday money came for him, we knew what to use it on.


We were really lucky that of the 2 left in store, 1 was his size.

This will be for the baby. I'll wear my chef jacket, and we'll find some way to dress up a red sleeper... I laughed so hard when I saw this, I only hope it's possible (and not too cold for a Canadian Halloween)



2. Ravelry


This site has almost 4000 free crochet patterns... and I'm sure I've downloaded about 100 into my "I'll make this someday" folder.

I have made a few, but mostly I look there to waste time.

Check out this awesome Beard Hat I made for Monkey!




3. Baby Names



Even though I've read every book and searched every site I could find, Hubby and I still can't agree on a name. We've got it narrowed to 2 possibles for girl first names (with no middle for either) and 1 possible first name for a boy, but since we still don't know what baby #2 is, we don't have either name set.




But as much as I fill my time up with all this stuff now, I am trying to make sure Monkey gets the best of me too, because when our next little one finally does show up, I'm sure I'll be giving our first the worst of me, or just whatever is leftover.


Here's to a short wait!


~A

No comments:

Post a Comment